Nov 16, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
This is perhaps stretching the limits of baseball-related, but I’ve long had a crush on Jenna Fischer and ‘The Office” happens to be an NBC show. So whatever.
Anyway, according to TooFab.com Fischer recently purchased a house in Glendale, California that was originally built for Hall of Fame baseball manager Casey Stengel in 1925.
Almost a century later Fischer spent $1.9 million on the place that “boasts five bedrooms, three bathrooms, housekeeping quarters, a giant dining room and living room, and a spacious kitchen.”
Oh, and also “a tennis court, sparkling pool, a personal fruit and tree orchard, and a summer house with a built-in fireplace.”
Back in 1925 Stengel was finishing up his 14-year playing career with the Boston Braves and he got his start as a manager in 1934.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 52
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (87)