Nov 16, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
New manager Mike Redmond has filled out his Marlins coaching staff, adding Chuck Hernandez as pitching coach and Rob Leary as bench.
Hernandez brings a ton of experience, previously working as a pitching coach for the Rays, Tigers, and Angels. Most recently he was an assistant coach at the University of South Florida.
Leary was a minor league field coordinator with the Indians this year, but worked in the Marlins’ organization from 1995-2001.
The rest of Redmond’s staff includes hitting coach Tino Martinez, first base coach Perry Hill, third base coach Joe Espada, and bullpen coach Reid Cornelius. And combined they’ll make less than the Marlins will pay Ozzie Guillen not to manage next season.
Good luck, boys!
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)