Nov 16, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
New manager Mike Redmond has filled out his Marlins coaching staff, adding Chuck Hernandez as pitching coach and Rob Leary as bench.
Hernandez brings a ton of experience, previously working as a pitching coach for the Rays, Tigers, and Angels. Most recently he was an assistant coach at the University of South Florida.
Leary was a minor league field coordinator with the Indians this year, but worked in the Marlins’ organization from 1995-2001.
The rest of Redmond’s staff includes hitting coach Tino Martinez, first base coach Perry Hill, third base coach Joe Espada, and bullpen coach Reid Cornelius. And combined they’ll make less than the Marlins will pay Ozzie Guillen not to manage next season.
Good luck, boys!
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 2
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 58
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 49
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LIVE: Heat, Pacers go to overtime in Game 1
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games