Nov 16, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
New manager Mike Redmond has filled out his Marlins coaching staff, adding Chuck Hernandez as pitching coach and Rob Leary as bench.
Hernandez brings a ton of experience, previously working as a pitching coach for the Rays, Tigers, and Angels. Most recently he was an assistant coach at the University of South Florida.
Leary was a minor league field coordinator with the Indians this year, but worked in the Marlins’ organization from 1995-2001.
The rest of Redmond’s staff includes hitting coach Tino Martinez, first base coach Perry Hill, third base coach Joe Espada, and bullpen coach Reid Cornelius. And combined they’ll make less than the Marlins will pay Ozzie Guillen not to manage next season.
Good luck, boys!
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 0
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)