Nov 16, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
New manager Mike Redmond has filled out his Marlins coaching staff, adding Chuck Hernandez as pitching coach and Rob Leary as bench.
Hernandez brings a ton of experience, previously working as a pitching coach for the Rays, Tigers, and Angels. Most recently he was an assistant coach at the University of South Florida.
Leary was a minor league field coordinator with the Indians this year, but worked in the Marlins’ organization from 1995-2001.
The rest of Redmond’s staff includes hitting coach Tino Martinez, first base coach Perry Hill, third base coach Joe Espada, and bullpen coach Reid Cornelius. And combined they’ll make less than the Marlins will pay Ozzie Guillen not to manage next season.
Good luck, boys!
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 0
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 3
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 8
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 35
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 41
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 182
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (182)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)