Nov 16, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
New manager Mike Redmond has filled out his Marlins coaching staff, adding Chuck Hernandez as pitching coach and Rob Leary as bench.
Hernandez brings a ton of experience, previously working as a pitching coach for the Rays, Tigers, and Angels. Most recently he was an assistant coach at the University of South Florida.
Leary was a minor league field coordinator with the Indians this year, but worked in the Marlins’ organization from 1995-2001.
The rest of Redmond’s staff includes hitting coach Tino Martinez, first base coach Perry Hill, third base coach Joe Espada, and bullpen coach Reid Cornelius. And combined they’ll make less than the Marlins will pay Ozzie Guillen not to manage next season.
Good luck, boys!
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)