Nov 16, 2012, 4:31 PM EST
As we’ve noted over the years, there is a long and rich history of sports figures selling their numbers to bigger stars for a price. A watch. A grill. A vacation. A college fund. Things like that. Porcello, however, wasn’t thinking of himself when he handed his number over to Hunter:
Torii Hunter says Rick Porcello gave him number 48 in exchange for donation to Hurricane Sandy relief. Porcello lives in NJ.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) November 16, 2012
Very nice, gentlemen.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (98)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)