Nov 16, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
As we’ve noted over the years, there is a long and rich history of sports figures selling their numbers to bigger stars for a price. A watch. A grill. A vacation. A college fund. Things like that. Porcello, however, wasn’t thinking of himself when he handed his number over to Hunter:
Torii Hunter says Rick Porcello gave him number 48 in exchange for donation to Hurricane Sandy relief. Porcello lives in NJ.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) November 16, 2012
Very nice, gentlemen.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)