Nov 16, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
As we’ve noted over the years, there is a long and rich history of sports figures selling their numbers to bigger stars for a price. A watch. A grill. A vacation. A college fund. Things like that. Porcello, however, wasn’t thinking of himself when he handed his number over to Hunter:
Torii Hunter says Rick Porcello gave him number 48 in exchange for donation to Hurricane Sandy relief. Porcello lives in NJ.
— Jason Beck (@beckjason) November 16, 2012
Very nice, gentlemen.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11