Nov 16, 2012, 6:25 AM EDT
As of yesterday, there were only four teams who stuck with two jerseys and two jerseys only: the Yankees, Dodgers, Tigers and Cardinals. Now it is three, as the Cardinals will introduce an alternate jersey later today:
I like it. It’ll be worn as a home alternate on Saturdays. It eschews the pajama top solid look and instead goes with that off-white color that the Braves, Phillies and Indians rock on their alternates. It also, unlike every single Cardinals jersey since 1932, has the city name instead of the team name on it.
There will apparently be some minor changes to the normal jerseys as well, incorporating some of the greater detailing to the birds and the bat.
I’d want to see it on an actual person first, but based on this pic, I tend to think that it’s in the same league as the Braves and Indians alternates in that it should probably be their normal, everyday home uni.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)