Nov 16, 2012, 6:25 AM EDT
As of yesterday, there were only four teams who stuck with two jerseys and two jerseys only: the Yankees, Dodgers, Tigers and Cardinals. Now it is three, as the Cardinals will introduce an alternate jersey later today:
I like it. It’ll be worn as a home alternate on Saturdays. It eschews the pajama top solid look and instead goes with that off-white color that the Braves, Phillies and Indians rock on their alternates. It also, unlike every single Cardinals jersey since 1932, has the city name instead of the team name on it.
There will apparently be some minor changes to the normal jerseys as well, incorporating some of the greater detailing to the birds and the bat.
I’d want to see it on an actual person first, but based on this pic, I tend to think that it’s in the same league as the Braves and Indians alternates in that it should probably be their normal, everyday home uni.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)