Nov 16, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
Previously, teams have been under the impression that Kuroda would either re-sign with the New York Yankees or return to his native Japan to finish his career. But Kuroda has told friends that his first preference is to pitch in Southern California, where his two daughters are attending elementary school.
These “player x wants to be in location y because of non-baseball reason z” reports don’t have a great track record of bearing out. If they did, CC Sabathia would be pitching in California right now. But it’s a data point worth thinking about.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 60
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 142
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (142)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)