Nov 16, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
The chatter out there about the Red Sox being interested in Josh Hamilton makes no sense to me. After all, what explains the big trade with the Dodgers over the summer other than massive dissatisfaction with the results of signing guys to $100M+ contracts? I’ve been chalking it up to bored media and whatever it is in the air that has caused virtually every free agent and trade candidate to be linked to the Sox in some way.
Rob Bradford reports that, yeah, it’s probably something like that, because the Red Sox are really not all that into Hamilton:
According to a baseball source, reports of the Red Sox’ interest in free agent outfielder Josh Hamilton have been “overblown.”
While the Red Sox are in the market for a pair of outfielders this offseason, Hamilton — considered by most as the premier free agent on the market — doesn’t appear to be near the top of the team’s list of players it hopes to target. While the Sox have talked to the 31-year-old’s agent, Michael Moye, the communication was the same kind of due diligence done for a multitude of free agents.
Tires: kicked. Cut of jib: inspected. That’s about it.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)