Nov 16, 2012, 11:31 AM EST
The New York Yankees will really provide some theater. The producers of “Lombardi” and “Magic/Bird” said Thursday they will collaborate on a show with the team and Major League Baseball. The project, to be produced by Fran Kirmser and Tony Ponturo, is not yet titled. An author was not announced.
I’m not sure where you can find dramatic tension in a franchise that has been on top for nearly 100 years and continues to have systemic advantages its competitors lack, but I’m sure they’ll figure out something.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)