Nov 16, 2012, 11:31 AM EST
The New York Yankees will really provide some theater. The producers of “Lombardi” and “Magic/Bird” said Thursday they will collaborate on a show with the team and Major League Baseball. The project, to be produced by Fran Kirmser and Tony Ponturo, is not yet titled. An author was not announced.
I’m not sure where you can find dramatic tension in a franchise that has been on top for nearly 100 years and continues to have systemic advantages its competitors lack, but I’m sure they’ll figure out something.
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 3
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 76
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (76)