Nov 18, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
From the MLB.com transactions page, via MLBTR, comes word that the Rangers have agreed to a minor league contract with left-handed pitcher Scott Olsen.
Olsen hasn’t made an appearance in the major leagues since the 2010 season, when he had a 5.56 ERA, 1.48 WHIP and 53/27 K/BB ratio in 81 innings (15 starts, two relief appearances) with the Nationals.
The 28-year-old southpaw threw only five frames this summer in the minors because of what have become chronic shoulder issues.
If he can get healthy, Olsen might be able to climb into a mop-up role with Texas. But we’d bet against it.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (152)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)