Nov 18, 2012, 2:50 PM EST
Alex Speier of Boston’s WEEI.com has the news:
According to a major league source, the Red Sox will interview a pair of long-time big leaguers about their hitting coach position(s) this week, with Craig Counsell slated to interview on Monday and Greg Colbrunn in the process of being scheduled for another time during the week.
The Red Sox have already held interviews with former Diamondbacks hitting coach Rick Schu, Braves assisstant hitting coach Scott Fletcher and their own minor league hitting coordinator, Victor Rodriguez.
Counsell has never coached at any level. He retired from baseball in 2011 after amassing 1,208 career hits and served as a special assistant to Brewers general manager Doug Melvin during the 2012 season.
Colbrunn spent five of the past six years as the hitting coach for the Yankees’ Low-A affiliate in Charleston.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 48
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)