Nov 18, 2012, 2:50 PM EDT
Alex Speier of Boston’s WEEI.com has the news:
According to a major league source, the Red Sox will interview a pair of long-time big leaguers about their hitting coach position(s) this week, with Craig Counsell slated to interview on Monday and Greg Colbrunn in the process of being scheduled for another time during the week.
The Red Sox have already held interviews with former Diamondbacks hitting coach Rick Schu, Braves assisstant hitting coach Scott Fletcher and their own minor league hitting coordinator, Victor Rodriguez.
Counsell has never coached at any level. He retired from baseball in 2011 after amassing 1,208 career hits and served as a special assistant to Brewers general manager Doug Melvin during the 2012 season.
Colbrunn spent five of the past six years as the hitting coach for the Yankees’ Low-A affiliate in Charleston.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)