Nov 19, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Minor league mascot unveiling season continues apace, with the latest entry coming from the Stockton Ports, California League affiliate of the Oakland A’s:
The Ports new logos honor Stockton’s heritage as the largest in-land port in California and the Asparagus Capital of the World. A new character, 5 O’clock Dock, is the centerpiece of the identity, brandishing his baseball tattoos and asparagus club. Navy, Shipyard Gray and Asparagus green make up the club’s new alternate colors. The Ports are the first professional sports team to use Asparagus green.
Really? The first? That I find shocking.
(thanks to Don M. for the link)
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 1
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 8
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 44
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)