Nov 19, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
I don’t really pay too close attention to ticket prices as a matter of course, but some Mets folks are wondering if the Mets have jacked up Opening Day ticket prices:
Is it just me or do these price seem quite high for Opening Day? twitter.com/METS_BRO/statu…
— METS BRO (@METS_BRO) November 19, 2012
I tried to search around for historical Opening Day prices, but couldn’t find anything straight from the Mets. I found this article from last year by Howard Megdal which refers to those promenade reserve tickets being $42, but I’m not sure if that’s a normal price or a special Opening Day price (seems like the Opening Day price based on the Game 2 price of those tickets in the above tweet).
It certainly seems like these are high prices — perhaps 50% higher for the cheapest seats on Opening Day based on Megdal’s article. An article which, by the way, talks about how there were tons of unsold tickets mere days before 2012′s Opening Day.
A little help from Mets fans or people who do pay closer attention to this stuff: is that an unusual set of prices for Opening Day or are specific Opening Day prices just something that always look like this and we don’t notice? And yes, I realize that no one will likely be paying those kinds of prices in reality thanks to the scalpers and all of that, but the team’s initial asking price is worthy of note.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (119)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights