Nov 19, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
I don’t really pay too close attention to ticket prices as a matter of course, but some Mets folks are wondering if the Mets have jacked up Opening Day ticket prices:
Is it just me or do these price seem quite high for Opening Day? twitter.com/METS_BRO/statu…
— METS BRO (@METS_BRO) November 19, 2012
I tried to search around for historical Opening Day prices, but couldn’t find anything straight from the Mets. I found this article from last year by Howard Megdal which refers to those promenade reserve tickets being $42, but I’m not sure if that’s a normal price or a special Opening Day price (seems like the Opening Day price based on the Game 2 price of those tickets in the above tweet).
It certainly seems like these are high prices — perhaps 50% higher for the cheapest seats on Opening Day based on Megdal’s article. An article which, by the way, talks about how there were tons of unsold tickets mere days before 2012’s Opening Day.
A little help from Mets fans or people who do pay closer attention to this stuff: is that an unusual set of prices for Opening Day or are specific Opening Day prices just something that always look like this and we don’t notice? And yes, I realize that no one will likely be paying those kinds of prices in reality thanks to the scalpers and all of that, but the team’s initial asking price is worthy of note.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 8
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 35
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)