Nov 19, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
I don’t really pay too close attention to ticket prices as a matter of course, but some Mets folks are wondering if the Mets have jacked up Opening Day ticket prices:
Is it just me or do these price seem quite high for Opening Day? twitter.com/METS_BRO/statu…
— METS BRO (@METS_BRO) November 19, 2012
I tried to search around for historical Opening Day prices, but couldn’t find anything straight from the Mets. I found this article from last year by Howard Megdal which refers to those promenade reserve tickets being $42, but I’m not sure if that’s a normal price or a special Opening Day price (seems like the Opening Day price based on the Game 2 price of those tickets in the above tweet).
It certainly seems like these are high prices — perhaps 50% higher for the cheapest seats on Opening Day based on Megdal’s article. An article which, by the way, talks about how there were tons of unsold tickets mere days before 2012’s Opening Day.
A little help from Mets fans or people who do pay closer attention to this stuff: is that an unusual set of prices for Opening Day or are specific Opening Day prices just something that always look like this and we don’t notice? And yes, I realize that no one will likely be paying those kinds of prices in reality thanks to the scalpers and all of that, but the team’s initial asking price is worthy of note.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)