Nov 19, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
Last offseason Chicago signed Camp to a minor-league contract and he ended up leading the NL in appearances while throwing 78 innings with a 3.59 ERA and 54/21 K/BB ratio, but at age 37 the journeyman reliever apparently didn’t get a ton of interest as a free agent.
Camp’s strikeout and walk rates have never been particularly impressive, but he keeps the ball in the ballpark and has posted a 3.62 ERA in 335 innings during the past five seasons.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)