Nov 19, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
Last offseason Chicago signed Camp to a minor-league contract and he ended up leading the NL in appearances while throwing 78 innings with a 3.59 ERA and 54/21 K/BB ratio, but at age 37 the journeyman reliever apparently didn’t get a ton of interest as a free agent.
Camp’s strikeout and walk rates have never been particularly impressive, but he keeps the ball in the ballpark and has posted a 3.62 ERA in 335 innings during the past five seasons.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 26
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)