Nov 19, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
Last offseason Chicago signed Camp to a minor-league contract and he ended up leading the NL in appearances while throwing 78 innings with a 3.59 ERA and 54/21 K/BB ratio, but at age 37 the journeyman reliever apparently didn’t get a ton of interest as a free agent.
Camp’s strikeout and walk rates have never been particularly impressive, but he keeps the ball in the ballpark and has posted a 3.62 ERA in 335 innings during the past five seasons.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)