Nov 19, 2012, 11:16 AM EDT
Last offseason Chicago signed Camp to a minor-league contract and he ended up leading the NL in appearances while throwing 78 innings with a 3.59 ERA and 54/21 K/BB ratio, but at age 37 the journeyman reliever apparently didn’t get a ton of interest as a free agent.
Camp’s strikeout and walk rates have never been particularly impressive, but he keeps the ball in the ballpark and has posted a 3.62 ERA in 335 innings during the past five seasons.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)