Nov 19, 2012, 1:50 PM EST
Count the Angels among the teams Japanese reliever Kyuji Fujikawa has met with as the free agent tires to decide on a new home.
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that Fujikawa toured the Angels’ ballpark Saturday while meeting with manager Mike Scioscia and general manager Jerry Dipoto.
Fujikawa, who’s coming the United States at age 32 after being one of the most dominant pitchers in Japanese history, has previously been linked to the Rangers, Cubs, Diamondbacks, and Dodgers. He’s coming off a season with a 1.32 ERA and has never had an ERA higher than 2.01, racking up 914 strikeouts in 703 total innings.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)