Nov 19, 2012, 1:50 PM EST
Count the Angels among the teams Japanese reliever Kyuji Fujikawa has met with as the free agent tires to decide on a new home.
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that Fujikawa toured the Angels’ ballpark Saturday while meeting with manager Mike Scioscia and general manager Jerry Dipoto.
Fujikawa, who’s coming the United States at age 32 after being one of the most dominant pitchers in Japanese history, has previously been linked to the Rangers, Cubs, Diamondbacks, and Dodgers. He’s coming off a season with a 1.32 ERA and has never had an ERA higher than 2.01, racking up 914 strikeouts in 703 total innings.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)