Nov 19, 2012, 1:50 PM EDT
Count the Angels among the teams Japanese reliever Kyuji Fujikawa has met with as the free agent tires to decide on a new home.
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that Fujikawa toured the Angels’ ballpark Saturday while meeting with manager Mike Scioscia and general manager Jerry Dipoto.
Fujikawa, who’s coming the United States at age 32 after being one of the most dominant pitchers in Japanese history, has previously been linked to the Rangers, Cubs, Diamondbacks, and Dodgers. He’s coming off a season with a 1.32 ERA and has never had an ERA higher than 2.01, racking up 914 strikeouts in 703 total innings.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)