Nov 19, 2012, 2:23 PM EDT
A transaction! Not a major one, but by the time you’re here hitting “refresh” on Wednesday or Thursday this week, it will seem like front page news:
The Cleveland Indians have signed free agent outfielders Matt Carson and Cedric Hunter to minor league contracts. Both deals include invitations to major league spring training camp.
Carson is 31 and went 15-for-66 with a double and four RBI in 26 games for the Twins last year. Hunter is 24 and spent 2012 in Triple-A for the Cardinals. He had five plate appearances in 2011 for the Padres, though, so there’s that.
Can’t wait to see what else Cleveland does with the Travis Hafner dividend.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (328)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)