Nov 19, 2012, 2:23 PM EDT
A transaction! Not a major one, but by the time you’re here hitting “refresh” on Wednesday or Thursday this week, it will seem like front page news:
The Cleveland Indians have signed free agent outfielders Matt Carson and Cedric Hunter to minor league contracts. Both deals include invitations to major league spring training camp.
Carson is 31 and went 15-for-66 with a double and four RBI in 26 games for the Twins last year. Hunter is 24 and spent 2012 in Triple-A for the Cardinals. He had five plate appearances in 2011 for the Padres, though, so there’s that.
Can’t wait to see what else Cleveland does with the Travis Hafner dividend.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 62
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11