Nov 19, 2012, 2:23 PM EST
A transaction! Not a major one, but by the time you’re here hitting “refresh” on Wednesday or Thursday this week, it will seem like front page news:
The Cleveland Indians have signed free agent outfielders Matt Carson and Cedric Hunter to minor league contracts. Both deals include invitations to major league spring training camp.
Carson is 31 and went 15-for-66 with a double and four RBI in 26 games for the Twins last year. Hunter is 24 and spent 2012 in Triple-A for the Cardinals. He had five plate appearances in 2011 for the Padres, though, so there’s that.
Can’t wait to see what else Cleveland does with the Travis Hafner dividend.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)