Nov 19, 2012, 2:23 PM EDT
A transaction! Not a major one, but by the time you’re here hitting “refresh” on Wednesday or Thursday this week, it will seem like front page news:
The Cleveland Indians have signed free agent outfielders Matt Carson and Cedric Hunter to minor league contracts. Both deals include invitations to major league spring training camp.
Carson is 31 and went 15-for-66 with a double and four RBI in 26 games for the Twins last year. Hunter is 24 and spent 2012 in Triple-A for the Cardinals. He had five plate appearances in 2011 for the Padres, though, so there’s that.
Can’t wait to see what else Cleveland does with the Travis Hafner dividend.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 10
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 102
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (102)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)