Nov 19, 2012, 2:23 PM EST
A transaction! Not a major one, but by the time you’re here hitting “refresh” on Wednesday or Thursday this week, it will seem like front page news:
The Cleveland Indians have signed free agent outfielders Matt Carson and Cedric Hunter to minor league contracts. Both deals include invitations to major league spring training camp.
Carson is 31 and went 15-for-66 with a double and four RBI in 26 games for the Twins last year. Hunter is 24 and spent 2012 in Triple-A for the Cardinals. He had five plate appearances in 2011 for the Padres, though, so there’s that.
Can’t wait to see what else Cleveland does with the Travis Hafner dividend.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)