Nov 19, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
The Rangers have to purchase a new artificial field for the games, and the field will have unique outfield dimensions. The distance from home plate to the left-field corner will be a normal 340 feet, and it’ll be 395 to center. But the distance down the right-field line will be only 280 feet, but hitters will have to clear a 16-foot wall.
No word if Henry the Puffy Taco or Ballapeno will be on hand, but I’m assuming they will be.
(thanks to Allison — who is miffed that she is moving away from San Antonio before getting a chance to see major league games there — for the heads up)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)