Nov 19, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
The Rangers have to purchase a new artificial field for the games, and the field will have unique outfield dimensions. The distance from home plate to the left-field corner will be a normal 340 feet, and it’ll be 395 to center. But the distance down the right-field line will be only 280 feet, but hitters will have to clear a 16-foot wall.
No word if Henry the Puffy Taco or Ballapeno will be on hand, but I’m assuming they will be.
(thanks to Allison — who is miffed that she is moving away from San Antonio before getting a chance to see major league games there — for the heads up)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)