Nov 19, 2012, 12:18 PM EDT
Todd Frazier spent this year filling in for an injured Scott Rolen at third base and an injured Joey Votto at first base, but with Rolen either retiring or signing elsewhere as a free agent the Reds’ third base job is his for the taking in 2013.
“Right now, Frazier would be penciled in as our third baseman next year,” general manager Walt Jocketty said, via Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
Not exactly an earth-shattering revelation, certainly, but Frazier could also be an option in an outfield corner depending on the Reds’ moves this winter. Regardless of his position Frazier figures to be in the Reds’ lineup every day after hitting .273 with 19 homers and an .829 OPS in 128 games as a 26-year-old rookie.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)