Nov 19, 2012, 12:18 PM EDT
Todd Frazier spent this year filling in for an injured Scott Rolen at third base and an injured Joey Votto at first base, but with Rolen either retiring or signing elsewhere as a free agent the Reds’ third base job is his for the taking in 2013.
“Right now, Frazier would be penciled in as our third baseman next year,” general manager Walt Jocketty said, via Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
Not exactly an earth-shattering revelation, certainly, but Frazier could also be an option in an outfield corner depending on the Reds’ moves this winter. Regardless of his position Frazier figures to be in the Reds’ lineup every day after hitting .273 with 19 homers and an .829 OPS in 128 games as a 26-year-old rookie.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)