Nov 19, 2012, 12:18 PM EDT
Todd Frazier spent this year filling in for an injured Scott Rolen at third base and an injured Joey Votto at first base, but with Rolen either retiring or signing elsewhere as a free agent the Reds’ third base job is his for the taking in 2013.
“Right now, Frazier would be penciled in as our third baseman next year,” general manager Walt Jocketty said, via Mark Sheldon of MLB.com.
Not exactly an earth-shattering revelation, certainly, but Frazier could also be an option in an outfield corner depending on the Reds’ moves this winter. Regardless of his position Frazier figures to be in the Reds’ lineup every day after hitting .273 with 19 homers and an .829 OPS in 128 games as a 26-year-old rookie.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)