Nov 19, 2012, 3:02 PM EST
Tom Haudricourt reports on some improvements to the concession/entertainment/retail parts of Miller Park for 2013. Among them:
The Dew Deck, a seating area above the rightfield bleachers that dates to Miller Park’s opening year, will be renovated to include a 25-foot high rock climbing wall, designed in the shape of a can of Mountain Dew.
- It’s quite brave of Milwaukee to wade into the dangerous business of soda-themed ballpark playground equipment after the experience in San Francisco. That said …
- The fact that it’s a can of soda and not a can of beer further illustrates how far the Brewers have strayed from their mission. First they came for Bernie Brewer’s beer stein slide and replaced it with this thing, and I said nothing, for I did not slide into steins of beer. Then they came for …
When’s Opening Day again?
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 15
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)