Nov 19, 2012, 3:02 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt reports on some improvements to the concession/entertainment/retail parts of Miller Park for 2013. Among them:
The Dew Deck, a seating area above the rightfield bleachers that dates to Miller Park’s opening year, will be renovated to include a 25-foot high rock climbing wall, designed in the shape of a can of Mountain Dew.
- It’s quite brave of Milwaukee to wade into the dangerous business of soda-themed ballpark playground equipment after the experience in San Francisco. That said …
- The fact that it’s a can of soda and not a can of beer further illustrates how far the Brewers have strayed from their mission. First they came for Bernie Brewer’s beer stein slide and replaced it with this thing, and I said nothing, for I did not slide into steins of beer. Then they came for …
When’s Opening Day again?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)