Nov 20, 2012, 8:22 AM EST
Those incentives are based on games started. Worth noting that if Laird earns all of his incentive money it will mean that Brian McCann didn’t make it back from his shoulder surgery which means paying Laird three quarters of a million is the least of their problems.
I know this isn’t the most newsworthy post ever, so I’ll add something to it: my son just said “Dad, was there an actor named Michael Jordan?” I’ve been a parent for nearly nine years, but I’m still not quite sure what to do with questions like that.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 15
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 69
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 35
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)