Nov 20, 2012, 8:22 AM EST
Those incentives are based on games started. Worth noting that if Laird earns all of his incentive money it will mean that Brian McCann didn’t make it back from his shoulder surgery which means paying Laird three quarters of a million is the least of their problems.
I know this isn’t the most newsworthy post ever, so I’ll add something to it: my son just said “Dad, was there an actor named Michael Jordan?” I’ve been a parent for nearly nine years, but I’m still not quite sure what to do with questions like that.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 18
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 32
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)