Nov 20, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
Last week Hostess announced it was going to cease operations. Yesterday, some hope emerged in the form of a judicially-ordered mediation, but it’s still unclear what will happen.
It’s likely that even if Hostess liquidates, their brands and products will still live on with another company. But that’s cold comfort for addicts. Addicts like Orioles first-round draft pick Kevin Gausman. Why? The Baltimore Sun passed that info along over the summer. Go to the 30 second mark:
For those of you who can’t watch that video, know that Gausman eats four powdered mini-donuts before each inning. Not before each start. BEFORE EACH INNING. He prefers Hostess’ powdered Donettes.
This led to consternation last week:
Ok I need to go out to every grocery store and get Powdered Hostess Donnetts pronto!!!! Can’t believe they are going out of business😢 #Sad
— Kevin Gausman (@KevinGausman) November 16, 2012
But now that there is hope, he’s happy again:
— Kevin Gausman (@KevinGausman) November 19, 2012
Phew, looks like his in-game routine will go on uninterrupted. And in ten years I’ll enjoy writing the “Kevin Gausman is in The Best Shape of His Life” post.
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 1
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 45
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (150)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)