Nov 20, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
Last week Hostess announced it was going to cease operations. Yesterday, some hope emerged in the form of a judicially-ordered mediation, but it’s still unclear what will happen.
It’s likely that even if Hostess liquidates, their brands and products will still live on with another company. But that’s cold comfort for addicts. Addicts like Orioles first-round draft pick Kevin Gausman. Why? The Baltimore Sun passed that info along over the summer. Go to the 30 second mark:
For those of you who can’t watch that video, know that Gausman eats four powdered mini-donuts before each inning. Not before each start. BEFORE EACH INNING. He prefers Hostess’ powdered Donettes.
This led to consternation last week:
Ok I need to go out to every grocery store and get Powdered Hostess Donnetts pronto!!!! Can’t believe they are going out of business😢 #Sad
— Kevin Gausman (@KevinGausman) November 16, 2012
But now that there is hope, he’s happy again:
— Kevin Gausman (@KevinGausman) November 19, 2012
Phew, looks like his in-game routine will go on uninterrupted. And in ten years I’ll enjoy writing the “Kevin Gausman is in The Best Shape of His Life” post.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 6
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 54
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 40
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)