Nov 20, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
Last week Hostess announced it was going to cease operations. Yesterday, some hope emerged in the form of a judicially-ordered mediation, but it’s still unclear what will happen.
It’s likely that even if Hostess liquidates, their brands and products will still live on with another company. But that’s cold comfort for addicts. Addicts like Orioles first-round draft pick Kevin Gausman. Why? The Baltimore Sun passed that info along over the summer. Go to the 30 second mark:
For those of you who can’t watch that video, know that Gausman eats four powdered mini-donuts before each inning. Not before each start. BEFORE EACH INNING. He prefers Hostess’ powdered Donettes.
This led to consternation last week:
Ok I need to go out to every grocery store and get Powdered Hostess Donnetts pronto!!!! Can’t believe they are going out of business😢 #Sad
— Kevin Gausman (@KevinGausman) November 16, 2012
But now that there is hope, he’s happy again:
— Kevin Gausman (@KevinGausman) November 19, 2012
Phew, looks like his in-game routine will go on uninterrupted. And in ten years I’ll enjoy writing the “Kevin Gausman is in The Best Shape of His Life” post.
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 30
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 14
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86