Nov 20, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
Last week Hostess announced it was going to cease operations. Yesterday, some hope emerged in the form of a judicially-ordered mediation, but it’s still unclear what will happen.
It’s likely that even if Hostess liquidates, their brands and products will still live on with another company. But that’s cold comfort for addicts. Addicts like Orioles first-round draft pick Kevin Gausman. Why? The Baltimore Sun passed that info along over the summer. Go to the 30 second mark:
For those of you who can’t watch that video, know that Gausman eats four powdered mini-donuts before each inning. Not before each start. BEFORE EACH INNING. He prefers Hostess’ powdered Donettes.
This led to consternation last week:
Ok I need to go out to every grocery store and get Powdered Hostess Donnetts pronto!!!! Can’t believe they are going out of business😢 #Sad
— Kevin Gausman (@KevinGausman) November 16, 2012
But now that there is hope, he’s happy again:
— Kevin Gausman (@KevinGausman) November 19, 2012
Phew, looks like his in-game routine will go on uninterrupted. And in ten years I’ll enjoy writing the “Kevin Gausman is in The Best Shape of His Life” post.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)