Nov 20, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Beyond the top prospects and the general flow of things I don’t pay much attention to the minor leagues, so I was kind of surprised to see this name pop up on a tweet about the Indians:
Teams must make 40-man roster moves today to protect Rule 5 eligible players from being drafted. One player I expect Indians to add: CC Lee.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) November 20, 2012
I realize his name is Chen-Chang Lee, but the fact that writers covering the team call him “CC” makes me think that the team calls him that too. And the Indians calling a guy they picked up in 2009 “CC Lee” smacks of a guy who just got dumped picking up a girl JUST LIKE the one who dumped him. Or, like, Jimmy Stewart in “Vertigo,” stalking Judy Barton after Madeline died.
Although, I guess if it was a “Vertigo” situation, CC Lee really would be either Cliff Lee or CC Sabathia, but wearing heavy makeup and trying to hide the fact that they were paying crazy mind games with the Indians all that time. Meanwhile, the Indians would be feeding CC Lee Captain Crunch and stuff in order to make him look JUST LIKE CC Sabathia, who they desperately miss.
Which, I suppose, is a little far-fetched. Heh, ah, haha. Um. Yeah.
When is Opening Day?
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (104)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)