Nov 20, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Beyond the top prospects and the general flow of things I don’t pay much attention to the minor leagues, so I was kind of surprised to see this name pop up on a tweet about the Indians:
Teams must make 40-man roster moves today to protect Rule 5 eligible players from being drafted. One player I expect Indians to add: CC Lee.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) November 20, 2012
I realize his name is Chen-Chang Lee, but the fact that writers covering the team call him “CC” makes me think that the team calls him that too. And the Indians calling a guy they picked up in 2009 “CC Lee” smacks of a guy who just got dumped picking up a girl JUST LIKE the one who dumped him. Or, like, Jimmy Stewart in “Vertigo,” stalking Judy Barton after Madeline died.
Although, I guess if it was a “Vertigo” situation, CC Lee really would be either Cliff Lee or CC Sabathia, but wearing heavy makeup and trying to hide the fact that they were paying crazy mind games with the Indians all that time. Meanwhile, the Indians would be feeding CC Lee Captain Crunch and stuff in order to make him look JUST LIKE CC Sabathia, who they desperately miss.
Which, I suppose, is a little far-fetched. Heh, ah, haha. Um. Yeah.
When is Opening Day?
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 34
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 20
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 90
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)