Nov 20, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Beyond the top prospects and the general flow of things I don’t pay much attention to the minor leagues, so I was kind of surprised to see this name pop up on a tweet about the Indians:
Teams must make 40-man roster moves today to protect Rule 5 eligible players from being drafted. One player I expect Indians to add: CC Lee.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) November 20, 2012
I realize his name is Chen-Chang Lee, but the fact that writers covering the team call him “CC” makes me think that the team calls him that too. And the Indians calling a guy they picked up in 2009 “CC Lee” smacks of a guy who just got dumped picking up a girl JUST LIKE the one who dumped him. Or, like, Jimmy Stewart in “Vertigo,” stalking Judy Barton after Madeline died.
Although, I guess if it was a “Vertigo” situation, CC Lee really would be either Cliff Lee or CC Sabathia, but wearing heavy makeup and trying to hide the fact that they were paying crazy mind games with the Indians all that time. Meanwhile, the Indians would be feeding CC Lee Captain Crunch and stuff in order to make him look JUST LIKE CC Sabathia, who they desperately miss.
Which, I suppose, is a little far-fetched. Heh, ah, haha. Um. Yeah.
When is Opening Day?
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)