Nov 20, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Beyond the top prospects and the general flow of things I don’t pay much attention to the minor leagues, so I was kind of surprised to see this name pop up on a tweet about the Indians:
Teams must make 40-man roster moves today to protect Rule 5 eligible players from being drafted. One player I expect Indians to add: CC Lee.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) November 20, 2012
I realize his name is Chen-Chang Lee, but the fact that writers covering the team call him “CC” makes me think that the team calls him that too. And the Indians calling a guy they picked up in 2009 “CC Lee” smacks of a guy who just got dumped picking up a girl JUST LIKE the one who dumped him. Or, like, Jimmy Stewart in “Vertigo,” stalking Judy Barton after Madeline died.
Although, I guess if it was a “Vertigo” situation, CC Lee really would be either Cliff Lee or CC Sabathia, but wearing heavy makeup and trying to hide the fact that they were paying crazy mind games with the Indians all that time. Meanwhile, the Indians would be feeding CC Lee Captain Crunch and stuff in order to make him look JUST LIKE CC Sabathia, who they desperately miss.
Which, I suppose, is a little far-fetched. Heh, ah, haha. Um. Yeah.
When is Opening Day?
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 12
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 52
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 180
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (180)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)