Nov 20, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
After being acquired from the Dodgers in 2011, Robinson, an outfielder, has had 319 big league plate appearances over the past two seasons, and he just hasn’t hit. His line: .221/.294/.324. He hit pretty darn well in the minors, but a lot of that was a function of the Pacific Coast League, one figures. A move out of Safeco Field and just a basic change of scenery will hopefully help him.
Andino has been in the majors for parts of eight increasingly unhappy seasons. He has served as a utility guy, and his bat makes it pretty certain he’ll remain a utility guy and not move on to greater things. That the Orioles are trading him so they can make room for Alexi Casilla tells you, however, that they’re no longer all that high on the lad, who will be 29 come April.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)