Nov 20, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
After being acquired from the Dodgers in 2011, Robinson, an outfielder, has had 319 big league plate appearances over the past two seasons, and he just hasn’t hit. His line: .221/.294/.324. He hit pretty darn well in the minors, but a lot of that was a function of the Pacific Coast League, one figures. A move out of Safeco Field and just a basic change of scenery will hopefully help him.
Andino has been in the majors for parts of eight increasingly unhappy seasons. He has served as a utility guy, and his bat makes it pretty certain he’ll remain a utility guy and not move on to greater things. That the Orioles are trading him so they can make room for Alexi Casilla tells you, however, that they’re no longer all that high on the lad, who will be 29 come April.
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 0
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 8
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 31
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 71
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)