Nov 20, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
After being acquired from the Dodgers in 2011, Robinson, an outfielder, has had 319 big league plate appearances over the past two seasons, and he just hasn’t hit. His line: .221/.294/.324. He hit pretty darn well in the minors, but a lot of that was a function of the Pacific Coast League, one figures. A move out of Safeco Field and just a basic change of scenery will hopefully help him.
Andino has been in the majors for parts of eight increasingly unhappy seasons. He has served as a utility guy, and his bat makes it pretty certain he’ll remain a utility guy and not move on to greater things. That the Orioles are trading him so they can make room for Alexi Casilla tells you, however, that they’re no longer all that high on the lad, who will be 29 come April.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)