Talking about the Blue Jays and free agents on MLB Network last night

Nov 21, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT

John Gibbons

I was on MLB Network’s Clubhouse Confidential last night. It was a pretty cool. They put me in front of a green screen with a picture of the Columbus, Ohio skyline and everything. They would not, sadly, let me display my Braves batting helmet and box of Justin Verlander Fastball Flakes, so a few demerits there.

Anyway, we talked about the John Gibbons hire, the Blue Jays’ outlook in general and the free agent outfielders and pitchers who are not Josh Hamilton and Zack Greinke, respectively.

Oh, and in my defense, this was taped and aired BEFORE Hiroki Kuroda signed back with the Yankees, so it’s not like I was ignoring reality. Enjoy:

1. APBA Guy - Nov 21, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I love Clubhouse Confidential, and I was really pleased to see you on the show. The guests they bring on are usually pretty heavyweight stat guys, like Dave Cameron and Vince Gennaro, or else ex-jocks from MLB tonight. So it was great to see you as their “blog voice” aiming at their target target demographic, the “thinking fan”. Shame you couldn’t bring Tiffany, but I need to get over that. Alas.

2. 1943mrmojorisin1971 - Nov 21, 2012 at 12:11 PM

At least this time around Gibby will be sporting a better looking cap.

3. Caught Looking - Nov 21, 2012 at 12:40 PM

You should have asked them to use the daytime backdrop. You look even pastier at night.

• Craig Calcaterra - Nov 21, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I know. It’s a borderline “Powder” situation at this point.

4. crisisjunky - Nov 21, 2012 at 12:51 PM

After going through my re-treads, I have decided on occasion, pulling the one in the trunk out, and giving it another shot. It’s worth a try, eh Beav?
    Nice job, Craig.

5. indaburg - Nov 21, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I was psyched when I heard your name. It’s by far my favorite MLBN show just as this is my favorite baseball blog. It was like my two baseball worlds meeting.

6. moogro - Nov 21, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I always assumed that the folks on this site were also into CC if they had cable. I was surprised at how well they rolled out that network almost fully realized, and how much of an upgrade it is over ESPN and others. However, the spastic Eric Byrnes is painful to watch while he struggles to speak, and Mitch Williams is getting too comfortable in the “no shit, Sherlock” mode.

HBT and MLBN are a great combo. Come on!

7. historiophiliac - Nov 22, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Awwww

8. roverkarlthecannedham - Nov 22, 2012 at 2:29 AM

So this is the Blue Jay’s new skipper. An old boss. If I recall, he was not too bad. I hope he plans to let his players take a lot of pitches again like he did when he last ran that team. It did not work last time so he will do it again I hope. I think this is a bad move by the GM. There were better men to be had for this job. Even a nearsighted pressed pork can see that.

Orioles turn AL East on its head