Nov 21, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
Random middle reliever rumors don’t exactly jazz me, but I like it when they remind me of fun things. So, from Rosenthal:
The Phillies, in their search for a setup man, are asking around about Rangers righty Koji Uehara, whose $4 million salary in 2013 might be more than Texas is willing to pay.
I like Uehara’s game and think he’d be a great guy for a team with bullpen issues like Philly to target. But I’m also reminded of the many yuks he provided when the Rangers considered trading him to the Blue Jays last February:
“The weather is an issue,” Uehara said. “I also know how hard it is to compete in that division.”
It’s pretty special when someone cites the weather as a problem when the team plays in a dome. No word on whether Uehara has no-trade protection to Philly. Or what he thinks of the weather there.
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 0
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 36
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76