Nov 21, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
Random middle reliever rumors don’t exactly jazz me, but I like it when they remind me of fun things. So, from Rosenthal:
The Phillies, in their search for a setup man, are asking around about Rangers righty Koji Uehara, whose $4 million salary in 2013 might be more than Texas is willing to pay.
I like Uehara’s game and think he’d be a great guy for a team with bullpen issues like Philly to target. But I’m also reminded of the many yuks he provided when the Rangers considered trading him to the Blue Jays last February:
“The weather is an issue,” Uehara said. “I also know how hard it is to compete in that division.”
It’s pretty special when someone cites the weather as a problem when the team plays in a dome. No word on whether Uehara has no-trade protection to Philly. Or what he thinks of the weather there.
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 85
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 22
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15