Nov 21, 2012, 12:37 PM EST
Wise played for Chicago in 2008 and 2009, bounced around with three different teams over the next two-and-a-half seasons, and then rejoined the White Sox in August after being released by the Yankees.
He did his usual thing, hitting .258 with a terrible on-base percentage, a little power, and good defense, and the 35-year-old will likely be slotted into a bench role for 2013.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)