Nov 21, 2012, 12:37 PM EDT
Wise played for Chicago in 2008 and 2009, bounced around with three different teams over the next two-and-a-half seasons, and then rejoined the White Sox in August after being released by the Yankees.
He did his usual thing, hitting .258 with a terrible on-base percentage, a little power, and good defense, and the 35-year-old will likely be slotted into a bench role for 2013.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 63
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 63
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)