Nov 22, 2012, 8:49 AM EST
I’m sitting in the Nashville airport, leg one of my flight to San Antonio down and an hour or so until leg two takes off. ProTip: flying on Thanksgiving — as opposed to the day before — is the way to go. It’s possible that there are more chill airport experiences than on a big holiday, but I’m not sure I’ve ever experienced one.
Thanksgiving for me: Texas-style. Which means that in addition to the turkey and stuff, we get ribs courtesy of Allison’s uncle and his insanely huge, hand-built grill, situated on property that is nothing short of a compound in an undisclosed location in Texas Hill Country. Life, as they say, does not suck.
I hope your life doesn’t suck on this holiday. And if it does, I hope you survive it and it gets better. I’m pretty sure there won’t be much in the way of baseball news to take your mind off of sucky things today, but if anything does happen we’ll get to it. In the meantime, feel free to use this as an open thread to wish one another well. Or troll the hell out of each other like usual. I don’t care. I’m gonna be eating ribs.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)