Nov 22, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
I’m sitting in the Nashville airport, leg one of my flight to San Antonio down and an hour or so until leg two takes off. ProTip: flying on Thanksgiving — as opposed to the day before — is the way to go. It’s possible that there are more chill airport experiences than on a big holiday, but I’m not sure I’ve ever experienced one.
Thanksgiving for me: Texas-style. Which means that in addition to the turkey and stuff, we get ribs courtesy of Allison’s uncle and his insanely huge, hand-built grill, situated on property that is nothing short of a compound in an undisclosed location in Texas Hill Country. Life, as they say, does not suck.
I hope your life doesn’t suck on this holiday. And if it does, I hope you survive it and it gets better. I’m pretty sure there won’t be much in the way of baseball news to take your mind off of sucky things today, but if anything does happen we’ll get to it. In the meantime, feel free to use this as an open thread to wish one another well. Or troll the hell out of each other like usual. I don’t care. I’m gonna be eating ribs.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (80)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)