Nov 22, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
I’m sitting in the Nashville airport, leg one of my flight to San Antonio down and an hour or so until leg two takes off. ProTip: flying on Thanksgiving — as opposed to the day before — is the way to go. It’s possible that there are more chill airport experiences than on a big holiday, but I’m not sure I’ve ever experienced one.
Thanksgiving for me: Texas-style. Which means that in addition to the turkey and stuff, we get ribs courtesy of Allison’s uncle and his insanely huge, hand-built grill, situated on property that is nothing short of a compound in an undisclosed location in Texas Hill Country. Life, as they say, does not suck.
I hope your life doesn’t suck on this holiday. And if it does, I hope you survive it and it gets better. I’m pretty sure there won’t be much in the way of baseball news to take your mind off of sucky things today, but if anything does happen we’ll get to it. In the meantime, feel free to use this as an open thread to wish one another well. Or troll the hell out of each other like usual. I don’t care. I’m gonna be eating ribs.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 51
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 46
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 72
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity