Nov 22, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT
I’m sitting in the Nashville airport, leg one of my flight to San Antonio down and an hour or so until leg two takes off. ProTip: flying on Thanksgiving — as opposed to the day before — is the way to go. It’s possible that there are more chill airport experiences than on a big holiday, but I’m not sure I’ve ever experienced one.
Thanksgiving for me: Texas-style. Which means that in addition to the turkey and stuff, we get ribs courtesy of Allison’s uncle and his insanely huge, hand-built grill, situated on property that is nothing short of a compound in an undisclosed location in Texas Hill Country. Life, as they say, does not suck.
I hope your life doesn’t suck on this holiday. And if it does, I hope you survive it and it gets better. I’m pretty sure there won’t be much in the way of baseball news to take your mind off of sucky things today, but if anything does happen we’ll get to it. In the meantime, feel free to use this as an open thread to wish one another well. Or troll the hell out of each other like usual. I don’t care. I’m gonna be eating ribs.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (211)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)