Nov 23, 2012, 9:44 PM EST
UPDATE: Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that Hale has accepted the bench coach job in Toronto.
Friday, 9:44 PM: Well, would you look at that? Some actual news on this slow Friday evening.
The Orioles were hoping to retain DeMarlo Hale as their third base coach, but Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com hears that he’s likely going to accept the bench coach job with the Blue Jays. Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com goes a step further by saying Hale will be hired and adds that he could get a three-year deal to join John Gibbons’ staff.
Hale has a long history as a coach and a minor league manager. He was on Terry Francona’s staff in Boston for six years, both as a third base coach and bench coach, before joining the Orioles last season. The Blue Jays actually interviewed him for manager two offseasons ago before they hired John Farrell.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 17
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 49
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)