Nov 24, 2012, 1:22 PM EDT
Napoli reportedly wants a four-year contract, which is something the Mariners might be willing to do. Duquette hears that the Rangers are unlikely to offer him more than three years, so they would be hanging their hats on Napoli’s desire to stick around and play for a winner. The Red Sox are also holding firm on three years for now.
With Geovany Soto likely to be non-tendered, the Rangers are expected to be in the market for a catcher this winter. Buster Olney of ESPN.com mentioned Russell Martin as a possibility earlier this month while Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reported this week the Rangers could target Blue Jays catchers J.P. Arencibia or John Buck in trades. The Red Sox are already listening to offers for Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Ryan Lavarnway and would have a bigger surplus if they ended up signing Napoli.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)