Nov 24, 2012, 1:22 PM EST
Napoli reportedly wants a four-year contract, which is something the Mariners might be willing to do. Duquette hears that the Rangers are unlikely to offer him more than three years, so they would be hanging their hats on Napoli’s desire to stick around and play for a winner. The Red Sox are also holding firm on three years for now.
With Geovany Soto likely to be non-tendered, the Rangers are expected to be in the market for a catcher this winter. Buster Olney of ESPN.com mentioned Russell Martin as a possibility earlier this month while Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reported this week the Rangers could target Blue Jays catchers J.P. Arencibia or John Buck in trades. The Red Sox are already listening to offers for Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Ryan Lavarnway and would have a bigger surplus if they ended up signing Napoli.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)