Nov 25, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
It sounds like Ryan Madson will soon have a team.
According to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com, “things are hot” between the Angels and the free agent reliever, who is expected to be recovered from Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery by the beginning of the 2013 regular season. The Phillies had been talking to Madson about a reunion, but Anaheim is apparently willing to pay much more.
Madson missed the entire 2012 season, but he had a 2.37 ERA in 60 2/3 innings with Philadelphia in 2011 while converting 32-of-34 save opportunities. The 32-year-old right-hander owns a 3.59 career ERA.
Cincinnati paid Madson an $8.5 million salary this summer as part of a one-year agreement.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)