Nov 25, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
It sounds like Ryan Madson will soon have a team.
According to Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com, “things are hot” between the Angels and the free agent reliever, who is expected to be recovered from Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery by the beginning of the 2013 regular season. The Phillies had been talking to Madson about a reunion, but Anaheim is apparently willing to pay much more.
Madson missed the entire 2012 season, but he had a 2.37 ERA in 60 2/3 innings with Philadelphia in 2011 while converting 32-of-34 save opportunities. The 32-year-old right-hander owns a 3.59 career ERA.
Cincinnati paid Madson an $8.5 million salary this summer as part of a one-year agreement.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)