Nov 26, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
Byrdak is 39 years old and talked about potentially retiring, but decided to go under the knife and attempt a comeback.
He appeared in 128 games for the Mets during the past two seasons as a southpaw specialist, logging 68 innings with a 4.08 ERA and 81/37 K/BB ratio.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel