Nov 26, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
Byrdak is 39 years old and talked about potentially retiring, but decided to go under the knife and attempt a comeback.
He appeared in 128 games for the Mets during the past two seasons as a southpaw specialist, logging 68 innings with a 4.08 ERA and 81/37 K/BB ratio.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8