Nov 26, 2012, 1:13 PM EST
When people think of Nolan Ryan the first thing that always comes to mind is his prowess as a chef and now the Hall of Famer is writing a cookbook:
The game’s all-time strikeout king is also a longtime Texas rancher and has compiled dozens of his favorite recipes for “The Nolan Ryan Beef Cookbook.” Little, Brown and Co. announced Monday that the book is scheduled for May 2014.
The 65-year-old Ryan also plans to work in a few baseball stories, from his years pitching for the New York Mets, California Angels and other teams to his current job as CEO and president of the Texas Rangers. His previous books include the memoirs “Miracle Man” and “Throwing Heat.”
I’m also looking forward to Gordon Ramsay’s upcoming book on pitching.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)