Nov 26, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
When people think of Nolan Ryan the first thing that always comes to mind is his prowess as a chef and now the Hall of Famer is writing a cookbook:
The game’s all-time strikeout king is also a longtime Texas rancher and has compiled dozens of his favorite recipes for “The Nolan Ryan Beef Cookbook.” Little, Brown and Co. announced Monday that the book is scheduled for May 2014.
The 65-year-old Ryan also plans to work in a few baseball stories, from his years pitching for the New York Mets, California Angels and other teams to his current job as CEO and president of the Texas Rangers. His previous books include the memoirs “Miracle Man” and “Throwing Heat.”
I’m also looking forward to Gordon Ramsay’s upcoming book on pitching.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)