Nov 26, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
When people think of Nolan Ryan the first thing that always comes to mind is his prowess as a chef and now the Hall of Famer is writing a cookbook:
The game’s all-time strikeout king is also a longtime Texas rancher and has compiled dozens of his favorite recipes for “The Nolan Ryan Beef Cookbook.” Little, Brown and Co. announced Monday that the book is scheduled for May 2014.
The 65-year-old Ryan also plans to work in a few baseball stories, from his years pitching for the New York Mets, California Angels and other teams to his current job as CEO and president of the Texas Rangers. His previous books include the memoirs “Miracle Man” and “Throwing Heat.”
I’m also looking forward to Gordon Ramsay’s upcoming book on pitching.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)