Nov 26, 2012, 10:43 PM EDT
Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that free agent outfielder Shane Victorino is drawing interest from at least seven teams, including the Reds, Indians, Yankees, Rangers, Giants, Rays and Red Sox. While that’s one less than was reported by Scott Lauber of the Boston Herald earlier this month, that’s a pretty healthy market.
Victorino is coming off his worst season in the big leagues, but Heyman hears that several teams are willing to offer him at least three years. That’s what happens when you have extensive experience in center field and represent a cheaper alternative to the likes of Michael Bourn and B.J. Upton. Of course, Victorino wouldn’t be a center fielder for all seven teams listed above, but he has expressed a willingness to play a corner outfield spot if the price is right.
Victorino, who turns 32 on Friday, batted .255/.321/.383 with 11 home runs, 55 RBI and a .704 OPS this past season between the Phillies and Dodgers. He was an excellent 39-for-45 in stolen base attempts.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 10
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 4
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 22
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car