Nov 27, 2012, 10:02 PM EST
Jeff Keppinger is not the only free agent who is recovering from unexpected offseason ankle surgery.
Young is fully expected to recovered by the beginning of spring training next February, so the surgery shouldn’t have too significant of an effect on the years and dollars that he ultimately signs for.
The 27-year-old batted .267/.296/.411 with 18 home runs and 74 RBI in 608 plate appearances this past season for the Tigers. He also went 15-for-58 with three home runs and nine RBI in 13 postseason games.
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 16
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 16
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 25
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 30
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)