Nov 27, 2012, 10:02 PM EDT
Jeff Keppinger is not the only free agent who is recovering from unexpected offseason ankle surgery.
Young is fully expected to recovered by the beginning of spring training next February, so the surgery shouldn’t have too significant of an effect on the years and dollars that he ultimately signs for.
The 27-year-old batted .267/.296/.411 with 18 home runs and 74 RBI in 608 plate appearances this past season for the Tigers. He also went 15-for-58 with three home runs and nine RBI in 13 postseason games.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)