Nov 27, 2012, 10:02 PM EST
Jeff Keppinger is not the only free agent who is recovering from unexpected offseason ankle surgery.
Young is fully expected to recovered by the beginning of spring training next February, so the surgery shouldn’t have too significant of an effect on the years and dollars that he ultimately signs for.
The 27-year-old batted .267/.296/.411 with 18 home runs and 74 RBI in 608 plate appearances this past season for the Tigers. He also went 15-for-58 with three home runs and nine RBI in 13 postseason games.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)