Nov 27, 2012, 10:02 PM EDT
Jeff Keppinger is not the only free agent who is recovering from unexpected offseason ankle surgery.
Young is fully expected to recovered by the beginning of spring training next February, so the surgery shouldn’t have too significant of an effect on the years and dollars that he ultimately signs for.
The 27-year-old batted .267/.296/.411 with 18 home runs and 74 RBI in 608 plate appearances this past season for the Tigers. He also went 15-for-58 with three home runs and nine RBI in 13 postseason games.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)