Nov 27, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
General manager Jon Daniels reiterated yesterday that the Rangers are interested in re-signing Josh Hamilton under the right circumstances, but added that the former MVP’s current market is “somewhat status quo.”
So far at least most reports of teams being linked to Hamilton have been followed by reports–and sometimes even direct quotes–denying that interest, and there’s yet to be any speculation about a major offer being made to the 31-year-old free agent.
Daniels told Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas that he’s “maintained dialogue” with Hamilton’s agent, adding: “I think the way that we have chosen to proceed here is that we’re not necessarily driving the timetable. There may come a time when we need to change that, but so far it’s been fine.”
In other words, the Rangers are content to sit back and wait for Hamilton’s true market to fully play out, at which point they can make a decision about whether he’s worth the price. Not jumping into the bidding war can be a dangerous tactic in some situations, but part of what makes Hamilton such an interesting free agent to track is that it’s possible the actual bidding war for him might be somewhat limited.
Oct 26, 2014, 1:05 AM EDT
Some quick notes from Saturday’s Game 4.
Oct 26, 2014, 12:33 AM EDT
50 Cent should take some pitching lessons from Mo’ne Davis.
Oct 26, 2014, 12:09 AM EDT
The Giants scored 10 unanswered runs against the Royals en route to an 11-4 win in Game 4 of the World Series. The series is now tied at 2-2 going into Sunday’s Game 5.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
Pablo Sandoval and Brandon Belt came through for the Giants in the bottom of the sixth to put the Giants up 7-4 over the Royals going into the seventh inning.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
The Giants rallied against Jason Vargas and the Royals’ bullpen to tie Game 4 of the World Series at 4-4.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Joe Maddon may not manage in 2015 as he wants to wait for the right opportunity to take over a new team.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
The Royals rallied and now lead the Giants 4-1 in Game 4 of the World Series.
Oct 25, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
Montreal will host some more spring training games next year with the Blue Jays taking on the Reds.
Oct 25, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
The Giants took a 1-0 lead over the Royals in the first inning thanks to Gregor Blanco’s speed.
Oct 25, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
Are the Giants using outside help to slow down the Royals’ running game?
Oct 25, 2014, 7:15 PM EDT
Mike Trout and Giancarlo Stanton are your winners of the 2014 Hank Aaron Award.
Oct 25, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy confirmed that Jake Peavy will start Game 6 and Tim Hudson will start Game 7 if the World Series extends that far.
Oct 25, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Mo’ne Davis will throw out the first pitch before the start of Game 4 of the World Series between the Royals and Giants on Saturday night.
Oct 25, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
This is the second hernia surgery in the back-end of the Mets’ bullpen since the end of the season, as closer Jenrry Mejia had his earlier this month.
Oct 25, 2014, 4:32 PM EDT
Jason Vargas vs. Ryan Vogelsong.
Oct 25, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Wright is expected to be re-evaluated in a couple of weeks and hopes to avoid surgery.
Oct 25, 2014, 2:27 PM EDT
Sternberg has reportedly had discussions “with wealthy Wall Street associates” about moving the Rays to Montreal.
Oct 25, 2014, 1:31 PM EDT
Set aside a few minutes to watch this.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:29 PM EDT
The Pirates also designated right-handers John Axford and Jeanmar Gomez for assignment.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:01 PM EDT
We learned yesterday that Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera underwent surgery on Wednesday to remove bone spurs from his right ankle and repair a stress fracture to the navicular bone in his foot. Everyone was caught off guard by the extent of his injuries.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (107)