Nov 27, 2012, 5:21 PM EST
Los Angeles Dodgers, open your checkbooks. Danny Knobler reports:
The Angels, once considered the favorite to keep free-agent pitcher Zack Greinke, are now unlikely to sign him, according to sources.
The issue is money, it seems, as Knobler reports that the Angels don’t want to go to the top of the market where Greinke seems to be heading.
Of course there was also no indication last year at this time that the Angels would go top dollar for Albert Pujols, but they did, and in every other year lots of teams put themselves in play for free agents at the Winter Meetings or soon thereafter. The point: don’t bank on the Angels being out of it.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)