Nov 27, 2012, 5:21 PM EDT
Los Angeles Dodgers, open your checkbooks. Danny Knobler reports:
The Angels, once considered the favorite to keep free-agent pitcher Zack Greinke, are now unlikely to sign him, according to sources.
The issue is money, it seems, as Knobler reports that the Angels don’t want to go to the top of the market where Greinke seems to be heading.
Of course there was also no indication last year at this time that the Angels would go top dollar for Albert Pujols, but they did, and in every other year lots of teams put themselves in play for free agents at the Winter Meetings or soon thereafter. The point: don’t bank on the Angels being out of it.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)