Nov 27, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York has a source telling him what Russell Martin‘s contract demands are:
I’m told Martin is looking for four years and $9-10M per. Doubt Yanks will do that.
— Andrew Marchand (@AndrewMarchand) November 27, 2012
$10 million is what Curtis Granderson and Hiroki Kuroda made this past season. With the Rangers, Mariners, Pirates and Red Sox all reportedly in the mix, you’d think that someone would give him something close to that in average annual value, even if they aren’t willing to go four years on a catcher.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 49
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)