Nov 27, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York has a source telling him what Russell Martin‘s contract demands are:
I’m told Martin is looking for four years and $9-10M per. Doubt Yanks will do that.
— Andrew Marchand (@AndrewMarchand) November 27, 2012
$10 million is what Curtis Granderson and Hiroki Kuroda made this past season. With the Rangers, Mariners, Pirates and Red Sox all reportedly in the mix, you’d think that someone would give him something close to that in average annual value, even if they aren’t willing to go four years on a catcher.
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 0
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 31
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 53
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 96
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (96)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)