Nov 27, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York has a source telling him what Russell Martin‘s contract demands are:
I’m told Martin is looking for four years and $9-10M per. Doubt Yanks will do that.
— Andrew Marchand (@AndrewMarchand) November 27, 2012
$10 million is what Curtis Granderson and Hiroki Kuroda made this past season. With the Rangers, Mariners, Pirates and Red Sox all reportedly in the mix, you’d think that someone would give him something close to that in average annual value, even if they aren’t willing to go four years on a catcher.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 19
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 128
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (128)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)