Nov 27, 2012, 1:02 PM EDT
Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York has a source telling him what Russell Martin‘s contract demands are:
I’m told Martin is looking for four years and $9-10M per. Doubt Yanks will do that.
— Andrew Marchand (@AndrewMarchand) November 27, 2012
$10 million is what Curtis Granderson and Hiroki Kuroda made this past season. With the Rangers, Mariners, Pirates and Red Sox all reportedly in the mix, you’d think that someone would give him something close to that in average annual value, even if they aren’t willing to go four years on a catcher.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)