Nov 27, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
This morning we heard that the Mets had offered David Wright a six-year, $100 million deal to David Wright, which most agree will not get the job done. Andy Martino reports that they’re quickly correcting:
Can now report Mets have made Wright a 7 year offer well in excess of $100 mil, according to industry sources. Negotiations in process.
— Andy Martino (@SurfingTheMets) November 27, 2012
Probably a good lesson in here: players and teams will leak negotiating terms in an effort to further their interests. Someone with Wright likely leaked the $100 million offer in order to shame the Mets. Then, as soon as that hit this morning, the Mets leaked their most recent offer in order to shame Wright or look less shamed themselves or whatever.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17