Nov 27, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
UPDATE: Rosenthal has corrected that initial report. The $125-150 million figure was over the next eight years, which includes his 2013 option which pays him $16 million. The new money in the seven-year extension is between $119-129 million.
That still doesn’t match up all perfectly, but it seems like the idea is not to tear up the 2013 option and give him seven years at $18-21 million, but to add seven years on to the back of it at $17-18 million a season. Not an insignificant difference.
3:31 PM: To say that the David Wright story has changed since all work up this morning is a bit of an understatement. The latest:
Told #Mets‘ offer of extension to Wright yesterday was 6 yrs./$100M. Source today says team offering 7 yrs. between $125M and $150M.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) November 27, 2012
Hold out for a couple more hours, David! You’ll get 40% ownership in the team!
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)