Nov 27, 2012, 3:31 PM EST
UPDATE: Rosenthal has corrected that initial report. The $125-150 million figure was over the next eight years, which includes his 2013 option which pays him $16 million. The new money in the seven-year extension is between $119-129 million.
That still doesn’t match up all perfectly, but it seems like the idea is not to tear up the 2013 option and give him seven years at $18-21 million, but to add seven years on to the back of it at $17-18 million a season. Not an insignificant difference.
3:31 PM: To say that the David Wright story has changed since all work up this morning is a bit of an understatement. The latest:
Told #Mets‘ offer of extension to Wright yesterday was 6 yrs./$100M. Source today says team offering 7 yrs. between $125M and $150M.
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) November 27, 2012
Hold out for a couple more hours, David! You’ll get 40% ownership in the team!
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)