Nov 28, 2012, 8:58 PM EDT
The Angels finalized a one-year free agent contract with Ryan Madson on Wednesday afternoon and intend to use him at closer. Which leads us here:
Walden served as the Angels’ primary closer during the 2011 season, converting 32 saves alongside a superb 2.98 ERA. He took a backseat to Ernesto Frieri in 2012 but still posted decent numbers in a setup role and currently boasts a 3.06 career ERA in over 114 total major league innings.
The Halos are probably open to a range of different types of return packages. They need reliable starting pitching, but it’s doubtful that a guy like Walden will be able to fetch that.
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 10
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 7
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- Andrew McCutchen scratched from Pirates’ starting lineup 5
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles