Nov 28, 2012, 8:58 PM EDT
The Angels finalized a one-year free agent contract with Ryan Madson on Wednesday afternoon and intend to use him at closer. Which leads us here:
Walden served as the Angels’ primary closer during the 2011 season, converting 32 saves alongside a superb 2.98 ERA. He took a backseat to Ernesto Frieri in 2012 but still posted decent numbers in a setup role and currently boasts a 3.06 career ERA in over 114 total major league innings.
The Halos are probably open to a range of different types of return packages. They need reliable starting pitching, but it’s doubtful that a guy like Walden will be able to fetch that.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8