Nov 28, 2012, 8:58 PM EDT
The Angels finalized a one-year free agent contract with Ryan Madson on Wednesday afternoon and intend to use him at closer. Which leads us here:
Walden served as the Angels’ primary closer during the 2011 season, converting 32 saves alongside a superb 2.98 ERA. He took a backseat to Ernesto Frieri in 2012 but still posted decent numbers in a setup role and currently boasts a 3.06 career ERA in over 114 total major league innings.
The Halos are probably open to a range of different types of return packages. They need reliable starting pitching, but it’s doubtful that a guy like Walden will be able to fetch that.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)