Nov 28, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Team Canada announced its coaching staff for the World Baseball Classic, starting with manager (and longtime Blue Jays catcher) Ernie Whitt.
Larry Walker is the hitting/first base coach and Whitt’s staff also includes longtime big-league reliever Paul Quantrill.
Stubby Clapp, who in addition to having a fantastic name had a brief stint with the Cardinals in 2001, will also be on the staff, along with Tim Leiper, Denis Boucher, and Greg Hamilton.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 10
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 39
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)