Nov 28, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
Team Canada announced its coaching staff for the World Baseball Classic, starting with manager (and longtime Blue Jays catcher) Ernie Whitt.
Larry Walker is the hitting/first base coach and Whitt’s staff also includes longtime big-league reliever Paul Quantrill.
Stubby Clapp, who in addition to having a fantastic name had a brief stint with the Cardinals in 2001, will also be on the staff, along with Tim Leiper, Denis Boucher, and Greg Hamilton.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)