Nov 28, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
Team Canada announced its coaching staff for the World Baseball Classic, starting with manager (and longtime Blue Jays catcher) Ernie Whitt.
Larry Walker is the hitting/first base coach and Whitt’s staff also includes longtime big-league reliever Paul Quantrill.
Stubby Clapp, who in addition to having a fantastic name had a brief stint with the Cardinals in 2001, will also be on the staff, along with Tim Leiper, Denis Boucher, and Greg Hamilton.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 21
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)