Nov 28, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Team Canada announced its coaching staff for the World Baseball Classic, starting with manager (and longtime Blue Jays catcher) Ernie Whitt.
Larry Walker is the hitting/first base coach and Whitt’s staff also includes longtime big-league reliever Paul Quantrill.
Stubby Clapp, who in addition to having a fantastic name had a brief stint with the Cardinals in 2001, will also be on the staff, along with Tim Leiper, Denis Boucher, and Greg Hamilton.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 16
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 32
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)