Nov 28, 2012, 12:46 PM EDT
Perez has been one of the best, most underrated southpaw setup men in baseball for most of his seven-year career, posting a 3.01 ERA in 281 innings if you take out his miserable 2009 season.
However, he missed nearly all of this year with a shoulder injury that required surgery in September and has too often worked in the mid-80s recently. He’s expected to be healthy by spring training, but Perez will likely have to settle for a one-year deal or perhaps even a minor-league contract.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (148)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)