Nov 28, 2012, 12:46 PM EST
Perez has been one of the best, most underrated southpaw setup men in baseball for most of his seven-year career, posting a 3.01 ERA in 281 innings if you take out his miserable 2009 season.
However, he missed nearly all of this year with a shoulder injury that required surgery in September and has too often worked in the mid-80s recently. He’s expected to be healthy by spring training, but Perez will likely have to settle for a one-year deal or perhaps even a minor-league contract.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 83
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 33
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 145
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)