Nov 28, 2012, 3:04 PM EST
This is no surprise, as Pettitte had all but yelled from the rooftops that he was going to pitch in 2013 and it’s hard to see him changing teams at this juncture.
Pettitte made $2.5 million this past season while posting a 2.87 ERA and a 69/21 K/BB ratio in 75 and a third innings. He’ll slide in to the number three slot in the Yankees rotation behind CC Sabathia and Hiroki Kuroda, one presumes.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (143)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)