Nov 28, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that the Dodgers are interested in Kyle Lohse. Add this to their reported interest in Zack Greinke and Anibal Sanchez. You have to figure, though, that all of the free agent pitchers are going to wait until after Greinke signs and sets the market.
If you’re the Dodgers, though, why not? I mentioned this to Gleeman a minute a go and his response was that with their payroll, the Dodgers should investigate a home rotation and a road rotation.
Anyway, Lohse is coming off his best season as a major leaguer — he went 16-3 with a 2.86 ERA — but he’s 34 and his strikeout rates suggest a pitcher who was above his head last year. I’d say buyer beware, but it’s the Dodgers and they’re richer than God so what do they care?
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)