Nov 28, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that the Dodgers are interested in Kyle Lohse. Add this to their reported interest in Zack Greinke and Anibal Sanchez. You have to figure, though, that all of the free agent pitchers are going to wait until after Greinke signs and sets the market.
If you’re the Dodgers, though, why not? I mentioned this to Gleeman a minute a go and his response was that with their payroll, the Dodgers should investigate a home rotation and a road rotation.
Anyway, Lohse is coming off his best season as a major leaguer — he went 16-3 with a 2.86 ERA — but he’s 34 and his strikeout rates suggest a pitcher who was above his head last year. I’d say buyer beware, but it’s the Dodgers and they’re richer than God so what do they care?
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 61
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 24
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 94
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)