Nov 28, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that the Dodgers are interested in Kyle Lohse. Add this to their reported interest in Zack Greinke and Anibal Sanchez. You have to figure, though, that all of the free agent pitchers are going to wait until after Greinke signs and sets the market.
If you’re the Dodgers, though, why not? I mentioned this to Gleeman a minute a go and his response was that with their payroll, the Dodgers should investigate a home rotation and a road rotation.
Anyway, Lohse is coming off his best season as a major leaguer — he went 16-3 with a 2.86 ERA — but he’s 34 and his strikeout rates suggest a pitcher who was above his head last year. I’d say buyer beware, but it’s the Dodgers and they’re richer than God so what do they care?
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 50
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)