Nov 28, 2012, 4:02 PM EST
Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that the Dodgers are interested in Kyle Lohse. Add this to their reported interest in Zack Greinke and Anibal Sanchez. You have to figure, though, that all of the free agent pitchers are going to wait until after Greinke signs and sets the market.
If you’re the Dodgers, though, why not? I mentioned this to Gleeman a minute a go and his response was that with their payroll, the Dodgers should investigate a home rotation and a road rotation.
Anyway, Lohse is coming off his best season as a major leaguer — he went 16-3 with a 2.86 ERA — but he’s 34 and his strikeout rates suggest a pitcher who was above his head last year. I’d say buyer beware, but it’s the Dodgers and they’re richer than God so what do they care?
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)