Nov 28, 2012, 4:02 PM EST
Mark Saxon of ESPN Los Angeles reports that the Dodgers are interested in Kyle Lohse. Add this to their reported interest in Zack Greinke and Anibal Sanchez. You have to figure, though, that all of the free agent pitchers are going to wait until after Greinke signs and sets the market.
If you’re the Dodgers, though, why not? I mentioned this to Gleeman a minute a go and his response was that with their payroll, the Dodgers should investigate a home rotation and a road rotation.
Anyway, Lohse is coming off his best season as a major leaguer — he went 16-3 with a 2.86 ERA — but he’s 34 and his strikeout rates suggest a pitcher who was above his head last year. I’d say buyer beware, but it’s the Dodgers and they’re richer than God so what do they care?
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)