Nov 29, 2012, 6:09 PM EDT
Ryan Raburn was released by the Tigers earlier this month after batting just .171/.226/.254 with one home run and a .480 OPS in 222 plate appearances this past season, but he’s apparently a pretty popular target in free agency.
ESPN’s Jayson Stark hears that six teams are in the mix for Raburn. The Rays, Marlins, Braves and Rangers appear to have the most interest at the moment.
While Raburn struggled miserably this past season, he averaged 15 homers per season from 2009-2011 and has extensive experience between second base and the corner outfield spots. The 31-year-old could be a useful bench player and right-handed bat.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness