Nov 29, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Ryan Dempster mostly struggled after being traded from the Cubs to the Rangers and will be 36 years old in 2013, but apparently that hasn’t stopped him from generating plenty of interest as a free agent.
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Red Sox, Angels, and Brewers are among the teams pursuing Dempster. And not only that, according to Rosenthal the veteran right-hander is seeking a three-year contract.
Dempster has typically been more of a second or third starter than a true No. 1 guy and his velocity is trending in the wrong direction, so to make a three-year commitment that starts at age 36 seems awfully risky without a ton of upside.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 51
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 48
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 8
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 60
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games