Nov 29, 2012, 9:43 AM EDT
This is kinda thin even by hot stove standards, but there’s nothing else going on. Indeed, news is so slow that I spent a few minutes this morning creating an Aaron Gleeman “Gangnam Style” JibJab video. Wait, what?
Why they’d want him I have no idea, but I’m not sure you could convince the Sox fan base that such a signing wouldn’t be Bobby Jenks redux, even if it wasn’t for dumb money. Lauber notes that Wilson is from New Hampshire, but I can’t see how that matters. If anyone has gone west coast, it’s Wilson. And as we’ve often noted, those “he’s from around here” things never seem to work out.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)