Nov 29, 2012, 9:43 AM EDT
This is kinda thin even by hot stove standards, but there’s nothing else going on. Indeed, news is so slow that I spent a few minutes this morning creating an Aaron Gleeman “Gangnam Style” JibJab video. Wait, what?
Why they’d want him I have no idea, but I’m not sure you could convince the Sox fan base that such a signing wouldn’t be Bobby Jenks redux, even if it wasn’t for dumb money. Lauber notes that Wilson is from New Hampshire, but I can’t see how that matters. If anyone has gone west coast, it’s Wilson. And as we’ve often noted, those “he’s from around here” things never seem to work out.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)