Nov 29, 2012, 8:07 PM EDT
UPDATE: CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees and Rivera have agreed to terms on a one-year, $10 million contract. He’ll have the chance to earn more with incentives.
4:21 PM: We had a false report the other day, but now it appears it’s finally getting done:
— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) November 29, 2012
Happy birthday to him. Rivera turns 43 today.
And speaking of age, that’s a lot of bread for a reliever of his vintage, especially coming off an injury. But please, in every way, shape and form, Rivera is a special case and it was never likely that the Yankees were going to pay him like a 43 year-old reliever coming off an injury. No more than Derek Jeter was going to get the kind of contract one normally gives a shortstop in his late 30s a couple of years ago.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (99)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)