Nov 30, 2012, 3:19 PM EDT
Parra was arbitration eligible for the third and final time after making $1.3 million in 2012 and showed some promise in a shift to the bullpen full time with 61 strikeouts in 59 innings, but he also posted a 5.06 ERA and walked 5.4 batters per nine innings.
Overall he has a 5.61 ERA in 321 innings since since 2009, but the 30-year-old left-hander should be able to find a job as a middle reliever somewhere.
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 6
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 1
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 3
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 31
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)