Nov 30, 2012, 3:19 PM EDT
Parra was arbitration eligible for the third and final time after making $1.3 million in 2012 and showed some promise in a shift to the bullpen full time with 61 strikeouts in 59 innings, but he also posted a 5.06 ERA and walked 5.4 batters per nine innings.
Overall he has a 5.61 ERA in 321 innings since since 2009, but the 30-year-old left-hander should be able to find a job as a middle reliever somewhere.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8