Nov 30, 2012, 3:19 PM EST
Parra was arbitration eligible for the third and final time after making $1.3 million in 2012 and showed some promise in a shift to the bullpen full time with 61 strikeouts in 59 innings, but he also posted a 5.06 ERA and walked 5.4 batters per nine innings.
Overall he has a 5.61 ERA in 321 innings since since 2009, but the 30-year-old left-hander should be able to find a job as a middle reliever somewhere.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 33
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 86
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)