Nov 30, 2012, 3:19 PM EDT
Parra was arbitration eligible for the third and final time after making $1.3 million in 2012 and showed some promise in a shift to the bullpen full time with 61 strikeouts in 59 innings, but he also posted a 5.06 ERA and walked 5.4 batters per nine innings.
Overall he has a 5.61 ERA in 321 innings since since 2009, but the 30-year-old left-hander should be able to find a job as a middle reliever somewhere.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 3
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 16
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)