Nov 30, 2012, 3:19 PM EST
Parra was arbitration eligible for the third and final time after making $1.3 million in 2012 and showed some promise in a shift to the bullpen full time with 61 strikeouts in 59 innings, but he also posted a 5.06 ERA and walked 5.4 batters per nine innings.
Overall he has a 5.61 ERA in 321 innings since since 2009, but the 30-year-old left-hander should be able to find a job as a middle reliever somewhere.
- Rosenthal: Mariners’ offer to Robinson Cano hasn’t topped $200 million 11
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (134)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)