Nov 30, 2012, 9:11 AM EDT
God love the New York Post. They got a paparazzi photo of Derek Jeter not looking his best yesterday, and ran it with the headline “Derek Jeter packing on the pounds during recovery.” It ain’t exactly newsworthy, but it’s fun and I’m pretty OK with fun being the threshold for most things sports-related, especially on November 30.
But let’s be fair, folks: the dude has a broken leg and can’t put any weight on it, so it’s not like he’s been able to log time on the treadmill. Given the guy’s history, there is no reason whatsoever to think that, the second he can be active, he’ll be in better shape than you and me and just about everyone else.
But at least you’ll have this picture to cheer you up a bit when Jeter beats your team by going 4 for 5 with two doubles or whatever next summer.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 38
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 35
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)