Nov 30, 2012, 9:11 AM EST
God love the New York Post. They got a paparazzi photo of Derek Jeter not looking his best yesterday, and ran it with the headline “Derek Jeter packing on the pounds during recovery.” It ain’t exactly newsworthy, but it’s fun and I’m pretty OK with fun being the threshold for most things sports-related, especially on November 30.
But let’s be fair, folks: the dude has a broken leg and can’t put any weight on it, so it’s not like he’s been able to log time on the treadmill. Given the guy’s history, there is no reason whatsoever to think that, the second he can be active, he’ll be in better shape than you and me and just about everyone else.
But at least you’ll have this picture to cheer you up a bit when Jeter beats your team by going 4 for 5 with two doubles or whatever next summer.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)