Nov 30, 2012, 9:11 AM EDT
God love the New York Post. They got a paparazzi photo of Derek Jeter not looking his best yesterday, and ran it with the headline “Derek Jeter packing on the pounds during recovery.” It ain’t exactly newsworthy, but it’s fun and I’m pretty OK with fun being the threshold for most things sports-related, especially on November 30.
But let’s be fair, folks: the dude has a broken leg and can’t put any weight on it, so it’s not like he’s been able to log time on the treadmill. Given the guy’s history, there is no reason whatsoever to think that, the second he can be active, he’ll be in better shape than you and me and just about everyone else.
But at least you’ll have this picture to cheer you up a bit when Jeter beats your team by going 4 for 5 with two doubles or whatever next summer.
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 40
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)