Nov 30, 2012, 9:11 AM EDT
God love the New York Post. They got a paparazzi photo of Derek Jeter not looking his best yesterday, and ran it with the headline “Derek Jeter packing on the pounds during recovery.” It ain’t exactly newsworthy, but it’s fun and I’m pretty OK with fun being the threshold for most things sports-related, especially on November 30.
But let’s be fair, folks: the dude has a broken leg and can’t put any weight on it, so it’s not like he’s been able to log time on the treadmill. Given the guy’s history, there is no reason whatsoever to think that, the second he can be active, he’ll be in better shape than you and me and just about everyone else.
But at least you’ll have this picture to cheer you up a bit when Jeter beats your team by going 4 for 5 with two doubles or whatever next summer.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 44
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 60
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)